- What is a typical visit like?
- What type of person benefits most from your services?
- What is different about energy medicine?
- How does your method differ from traditional medicine?
- How does energy medicine work? Why should I try it?
- What education and training have you had?
- What if I have always relied on traditional medicine?
- How many visits will it take? How will it make me feel?
- What are the benefits of a series of sessions?
- Do people have to get acupuncture with their sessions? Is acupuncture included with every session?
- Are the corrections permanent?
- At what ages do people benefit from this work?
- What if I already have an acupuncturist?
What is a typical visit like?
A typical visit involves about 45-60 minutes of intake and energy work followed by the acupuncture or acupressure for 20-30 minutes. For infants and children, a typical visit is about one hour of energy work.
What type of person benefits most from your services?
Everyone can benefit from my services. My practice includes people who are seeking a higher level of health and wellness as well as people who have chronic or acute issues including pain, allergies, fatigue, and many other symptoms that have not responded to other therapies yet.
What is different about energy medicine?
Energy medicine often requires a series of treatments in order to get to the root cause of the problem. While it may sometimes seem to take more time than a client expects, the benefit of this method is often a longer-lasting solution. Think of wellness is a journey not just a quick fix.
How does your method differ from traditional medicine?
The goal of Energy Medicine is to get to the root cause of the problem. In order to accomplish this, it may take several sessions but this method often results in a longer-lasting solution, while fixing many other symptoms along the way. In Connie’s work wellness is a journey not just a quick fix.
How does energy medicine work? Why should I try it?
Our bodies are made of energy and the key to good health is energetic balance. For thousands of years, this theory has been the foundation in Acupuncture. Using needles to unblock and balance energy in the meridians, Connie helps you achieve balance and to feel energized. Connie also uses other modalities such as acupuncture, acupressure, and more to unblock the energy and free up the natural flow in your body.
- 1975 B.A. in Economics from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- 1999 M.S.T.C.M. from Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences, Oakland, CA
- 2011 Master’s Certification in Intuition Medicine®, Academy of Intuition Medicine®, Sausalito, CA
- 2013-2014, 2014- present-Teaching Assistant at the Academy of Intuition Medicine®
- 2019- present- Teaching “Anatomy and Energy Healing” at the Academy of Intuition Medicine®
- 2019 Teaching "Self-Healing using Intuition Medicine®" at College of Marin Community Education (COM)
- 2019 Task Force at UCSF Nursing School to develop a class on Meditation and Energy Healing for the Nursing students and staff
What if I have always relied on traditional medicine?
When traditional methodologies are no longer working for you, it may be time to set aside many of the attitudes about medicine that we were raised with and open your mind to the other possibilities of complimentary medicine. Many people enjoy a balance of traditional and complimentary medicine to restore and maintain their health and wellness.
|Does this sound familiar?
- You only go to the doctor when you are sick or in pain?
How many visits will it take? How will it make me feel?
The number of treatments varies since Connie considers each client on an individual customized basis. What alleviates one person’s symptoms is not necessarily the right path for another.
Initially, Connie recommends three to five visits to discover the combination of modalities that work best for you and that help you reach your healing goals.
What are the benefits of a series of sessions?
The causes of energy and vitality loss are usually buried under layers upon layers of life. Energy medicine takes more time because we have to peel back layer after layer of symptoms until we get to the root cause of the imbalance. This can sometimes require several visits. The results of getting to the root of the problem can be more profound and longer lasting than those from addressing the symptoms alone.
Do people have to get acupuncture with their sessions? Is acupuncture included with each session?
After the energy work, Connie recommends acupuncture as the client rests. This allows the corrections to integrate. As appropriate, acupressure may be substituted for acupuncture.
Are the corrections permanent?
When we have gotten to the root cause of the problem, the corrections are long lasting. As with our vehicles, we need a periodic tune-up to stay in balance. This is the key is to remaining symptom free and to maintain the energetic balance.
What if I already have an acupuncturist?
Connie’s work in no way interferes with your current acupuncturist’s work—if anything, the more comprehensive modalities she uses may actually enhances it or helps resolve issues that are not responding to Traditional Chinese Medicine alone.
A large part of Connie’s work and one of her goals is to empower her clients so they have tools that they can use at home in between sessions to reinforce the work done in the office or address other issues that may arise.